Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Burdens of My Heart



It's the season of Lent, a time to let go of our frustrations and focus on the good things God has done for us. Focus on your children, your health, the roof over your head and not the one and only corner of the online sewing community that has really worked to piss you off royally in this last three months.




Where do begin, where to begin? You see, I don't enjoy ranting and raving on my blog. I admit that it's one of my favorite pastimes and I excel in it, no really I do, but the internet is a cautionary tale in online rantings. You never know what will go viral. One day you're posting about organza vs organdy, and the next . . .




However, going on my third busted attempt to buy some damned fabric on FB and I'm really failing at my Lenten promise to give up yelling. This is actually my third blog post on the subject. The other two were just rambly as hell and made me look every bit as looney tunes as the people I'm dealing with.

What I'm struggling with here is how to explain the process of buying custom printed fabric via Facebook and you know what? I give up. I really, truly do because the hard truth here is despite the fact that these fabrics would make baby Jesus in the actual manger want to trade his swaddling clothes for brightly printed hipster foxes and mustaches, it should not take lines of text to explain how to order. If it does, you're doing it wrong.

And I was doing it wrong.




I'm still mad though. We'll talk about it later.





No comments:

Post a Comment