Monday, December 2, 2013

I did something!




No, no. I didn't say I finished something. I said I did something. There is a difference. But I digress. What did I do? I started an advent scarf!





No, not that fiasco from last year with all of the repeats and the extras and the slip slip passolasso helps helps. 



I'm doing the Lila and Claudine Advent scarf found here on Ravelry. As I said in my previous post, I adore the idea of an advent scarf. But when I saw more experienced knitters posting about daily sections taking six hours our of their day . . .




I was persuaded, however, by the description. 

We have chosen 20 very easy patterns for you to knit. 

See those pretty bold letters? "very eaaaaaaaaaaasy." But like every craft, my version of simple may not be ravelry's version of simple so how about we just focus on the positive? I finished day one of my advent scarf! 



I'm afraid I must say that one more time:

I finished day one of an advent scarf!! 




I'm gonna covet your prayers that the next 19 days go as smoothly as the very simple, very few repeat section I just finished or that at minimum, I maintain some modicum of concentration on this project.






Wanna see what it looks like so far?




I want to knit all the things now, perhaps while Christopher Walken tells me stories about knitting on location in Vietnam.





I'd forgotten how soothing it is to work some needles with a lovely soft yarn floating through your fingers. It almost makes your forget that your children have been on your nerves all day and the dog is thisclose to being sold to Cruella DeVille if she doesn't stop barking at every car that rolls down your street with the bass cranked up.

Only slightly related but that song from Florida Georgia Line is awful. It's even worse when all you can hear of it is a snippet of the bass line over the sound of a rumbling truck that's being held together by duct tape, running on Milwaukee's Best, and driven by shirtless good old boys who graduated high school in body only.

Focus, Samantha. Focus!







I feel better already.






3 comments:

  1. Very cool post!!! I love the extra's as they gave me a chuckle this AM! I'm blogging my 20 days of Advent Scarf knitting too.

    Trying to do it in the AM so I set my day right from the start.

    Have fun!

    ~A fellow Advent Scarf Knitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll be following your progress too. Advent Unite!

      Delete
  2. I'll start hounding you to make sure you get past day 5. I've got this!

    ReplyDelete